I'm at school, "watching" a lab orientation video that was assigned. However, I've already had my first lab but still have to watch it. Today was my first anatomy lab. That means cadaver dissection. The school really maintains a very respectful attitude towards its donors (who donated their bodies to be studied, i.e. cadaver). One thing about this lab: it SMELLS. Not like bodily fluids or anything, but like chemicals. Way overwhelming chemicals. It stings your eyes and your nose and you can't touch either of those because your gloved hands are slimy. Anyway, I won't get too in detail about this, for those with sensitive stomachs. It's an awesome way to learn and I'm really lucky to be able to do this. It's really cementing where muscles attach, what they look like, and where they are.
That was most of my day, was anatomy lecture and lab. I smell horrible (just like those chemicals) but am waiting for rushhour to be over and this video to be done. :)
2 comments:
Formaldehyde perfume :) That's what it sounds like you'll be wearing for the rest of the semester! Sounds like fun...really it does. I bet it's very interesting to see inside a human body. I can't wait for more upcoming stories of anatomy lab :)
Laura, that sounds exciting..not the smell, but working with the cadavers. How many students are there to each cadaver? Do you get to "make the cuts" or does your instructor?
I must say, I really admire your approach to school. Way to be up to the challenge-and it sounds like you look forward to it, too! Keep up the positive attitude :)
Post a Comment