Monday, June 22, 2009

Good Grief, Charlie Brown.

The dreaded anatomy exam is over. Now, I would like to share with you one cool thing that I can do (this is really more for me, so that I knew that I can do it). I can follow a drop of blood from the Left ventricle of the heart to the right index finger and back to the Right Atrium:

LV to aortic arch to right brachiocephalic artery to the right subclavian artery to the right axillary artery to the right brachial artery to the ulnar artery to the superficial palmar arch to the common digital arteries to the radialis indicis artery to the common digital vein to the superficial palmar vein to the ulnar vein to the brachial vein to the right axillary vein to the right subclavian vein to the right brachiocephalic vein to the superior vena cava to the right atrium.

Unfortunately, this was only one question on my anatomy exam. The rest? Multiple, multiple choice. What is that, you may ask? That would be a multiple choice question with possible multiple right answers. For instance, :
A:
B:
C:
D:
E:
F: A and B
G: B and C
H: C and E, so on and so on.
These are also known as the most heinous questions ON EARTH. I'm pretty sure they originated at the same time as the Fall of Man. Not only did sin enter earth, but so did the multiple, multiple choice question.

It's behind me now, though. It was pretty odd to study for HOURS and HOURS for 1 exam that wasn't even a cumulative final! However, I do know considerably more now than I used to 16 week days ago when I started anatomy. I do catch myself speaking anatomy when I have to give directions: "So you go posterior to Santa Fe and then anteriorly to Wadsworth....If you hit a tubercle, you've gone too far."

On another front, Steve and I are moving out of our current place soon. As in, next week. We found a townhome near my school that we loved and it was too good a deal not to jump on it. It's bigger than the place we are in now, has more storage, will let us have a dog (at no charge!), and AND AND has a washer and dryer! Now, you with washers and dryers just hanging out in your home may have forgotten the luxury that is to be had with such a wonder appliance. Steve and I have shared washers and dryers since we moved out of home to go to college, 6 years ago. These past couple years, we have shared these appliances with those who wash their baby diapers in them. This means our clothes smell like urine. Seriously, baby pee. It makes one feel awkward when their choice of clothing smell is a)formaldehyde and cadaver or b)baby pee. That being said, I'm all for saving the environment and cutting back on the cost by using cloth diapers. I just don't enjoy the sharing the washer machine with those that do. :) Anyway, we are moving soon and are very excited to be on to the next place. We do get to paint (and be reimbursed for the paint!) and will hopefully be starting on that this week.

Have a good one!

3 comments:

Lindy said...

Bummer about the questions on the test...I loathe multiple choice in general. They don't really test your knowledge as much as just make the test easier for the prof to grade...been there done that, and graded those tests. On the other hand...yay for the townhouse and moving! It sounds like so much fun...don't know if I'll get to head up your way or not soon. I'll have to see if all the details fall into place :)

Angela said...

Wow! That test sounds crazy. I'm glad it's over. Yay for your own washer and dryer. So are you going to get a dog soon??? Send me some pictures of your new place. Good luck with everything.

Mark and Linda said...

What if Steve looks at dogs in Oklahoma and finds one? Could we bring it? Yuck on pee, great on washer and dryer. Come with the apt?