Thursday, September 3, 2009

So Many Classes, So Much TIME!!

Classes are definitely getting in the swing of things, but I am not! In my toughest class (by reputation thus far), we've got thru 2 lectures. We've had class about 9 times. I don't know how it's happened, but it really makes me bored. I have a sinking feeling I'm TOTALLY going to regret saying that, but this is the truth right now. Furthermore, I have all of Tuesdays off since I don't start rotations until the 2nd half of the semester (which is supposed to be the worst way to have it - I had no choice!) as well as Wednesdays after noon, every other Thursday off at noon, and Fridays off at noon. So far I've made use of that time studying, but have also done errands.

On that note, you may remember that I found out over the summer that my thyroid was enlarged. Just to give you a reference point on the mega-ness of this gland, you aren't supposed to be able to feel the normal thyroid. You can SEE my thyroid. Woah. Woah x 4. Finally got around to getting it checked out and I'm totally fine, just have a little autoimmune disease called Hashimoto's thyroiditis. Sounds totally intimidating, right? As one of my professors said, "If you have to have a disease called Hashimoto's anything, this is the one you want to have." So basically all is well healthwise in the Schley household. Our dog has even lost 15 pounds. (Hopefully he's kept it off. We've been accidentally leaving tempting food items in plastic bags on the floor level. I don't know why, but who can blame a dog for ripping into it?)

2 comments:

Lindy said...

Sounds interesting...it'll be fun to see how your semester progresses. So what's all this about your thyroid. I mean, I remember reading about it previously, but what does it mean for you? Do you have to take meds or anything?

Laura said...

Nope, nothing yet. My thyroid is functioning normally right now, but it could decrease in function at some point in the future. All I have to do is get tested every so often to see if my thyroid levels are normal. Pretty low key, especially when you consider all the things that CAN be wrong when the thyroid is as big as mine is. :)