Tomorrow starts the daily grind again, but so far every week has been different than the week before it. Steve leaves tomorrow evening for a conference at Notre Dame. Tonight dreams of Rudy will dance in his head, I'm sure. As for me, dreams of BRCA1 and detecting breast disease will dance in mine. :)
Finally done with two years of school in the classroom, I'm out and about around Denver, Baltimore, rural Colorado, and the UK. I've been meaning to blog about good and bad clinic days, memorable days with friends and family, and whatever pops into this little head of mine, but also want to make this an outlet for me to remember this year and how far I've come.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Labor Day: No Work Involved
This past weekend was the last break I'll get until Thanksgiving break. Luckily Mom and Dad were able to make the long drive up here for a very quick visit. I think that time with family is rarely long enough and this weekend was no different. However, I have been really needing some good quality time with family and have been lucky to have it two weekends this past month. We were able to take the dogs to the local state park and let them run around with the hundreds of other dogs that were there. (And we seemed to be the only owners that brought toys to play with - other owners preferred to let their dogs play with our toys. Odd.) Mom and I went to get our nails done while Dad and Steve watched the big OSU-Georgia game. Then we went for a little hike the next day at St. Mary's Glacier (the signs for this hike literally have it labeled as a "glacier", apostraphes and all, since it's technically just a snow field that stays all year long) and let the dogs swim in a "glacial" lake and run across the snow of the "glacier". Then Mom and Dad had to leave, since they have these job things people keep talking about. :) Steve and I just relaxed on Labor Day - putting the name to its full honors - and watched movies and indulged in some free Chick-Fil-A.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment