Friday, July 31, 2009

Long Time, No Write!

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted what's going on! Things have gotten super crazy with school (where I'm at right now) and will continue to be crazy for the next, oh, 3 years. At least they eased us into it. As much as being in anatomy lab at least 10 hours a week can be a way of easing you in, it's still jumping in feet first!

A lot of things have happened since I last wrote. Steve and I moved into a new townhome that is much closer to my school. I now have a 10 minute commute versus a 30-60 minute commute. This means I can sleep in until the grand hour of 7am! We both really enjoy the new place, especially since we have a little patio and a little deck. They are extremely little, but we've never had either in our married life.

In addition to the move, we got a dog! I have been wanting a dog ever since we got married, but the timing just hasn't been right or we weren't allowed to have a pet where we were living. I always teased Steve that once we moved to a new place that allowed pets, we were going to get one RIGHT away. I was teasing, but it actually happened! We adopted a 3 year old Golden Retriever whose name is Stout. We didn't name him and chose to keep the name his previous owners gave him, since he knew that name so well. Also, he is quite stout. He weighs in at 108.5 lbs right now, although we are working pretty hard at getting that extra love off of him. He's sweet as can be, although stubborn at times. It sounds like his previous owners gave him up because of a history of seizures, which they originally told the rescue we got Stout from he had only had 2 in his life, but were possibly lying about. We knew he had seizures before we adopted him and are fine with it. He has had one with us, but was fine a few minutes afterwards and ready to keep going.

I'd appreciate the prayers that I'd end the semester strong!

2 comments:

Mark and Linda said...

I don't always let you know, but I really enjoy the blog! I just happened to look tonight, but it is fun to read your posts!

Lindy said...

yay for Stout! And your new place :)