Monday, July 6, 2009

Busy Busy bee

This last weekend was probably the last free weekend of the semester. Five weeks in and five weeks to go, but no more fun time. Steve moved us in to our new townhome on Thursday while I stayed at school, spending time in my anatomy lab and studying. It was great to have help from some of our friends and truly made me sad to be living away from where I know most of our neighbors. It was also very odd to sleep somewhere else on our bed. It was also odd to wake up to what sounded like little dogs running in the ceiling. Turns out our new complex has a "squirrel problem", meaning that one of our neighbors likes to feed the squirrels peanuts, causing the squirrels to run and jump in delight on our roof. As long as they aren't IN the roof, all's well.

I'll post pictures of our new place as soon as I figure out how to post pictures on this. :) I can't deprive the world of seeing our bathrooms; you'll see once the pictures are up!

On Friday, Steve and I were lucky enough to be able to get up pretty early, eat breakfast at our favorite bagel shop, and join the rest of Colorado in driving up I-70 into the mountains to go camping. Seriously, it took us 2.5 hours when it normally takes 1. We car camped off this little backroad right next to a little stream. It was wonderfully relaxing and much needed time away from school, even for only a night. The next morning we went hiking, which was also much needed. Sadly, I had to study for the rest of the holiday while Steve hung out with some of our friends.

I can't figure out if the next couple weeks are truly going to be as horrible as I'm anticipating or if I've just built it up in my mind as such. 3 tests, a few quizzes, a few papers, a project all due in the next 4 weeks. Goodness!

1 comment:

Lindy said...

You definitely sound like a busy bee..but how fun is it to be in a bigger place that you can now share with a new dog :) Glad you had a happy 4th!