I intend to start blogging again slightly more regularly than the rate I was achieving at the end of the last semester. That means with this one post, I have accomplished my goal! Anyway, this is a great way for me to remember the trials I have gone thru in school and also keep family updated with what's going on. So I hope to do a little better.
Last semester ended much better than I hoped for. During undergrad, finals week was always stressful due to the sheer amount of tests involved. However, in PA school, we had a week in October (which means it was midterms) that involved 7 or 8 tests plus class plus rotations plus a paper. In contrast, finals week was a beautiful summer day (despite the fact that the last day of class, when the temp outside was less than 10 degrees, we had to take a final in an unheated room. They are energy conscious here!) (not really, we have a classroom that we are the only program that uses it, so they never turn the heat on unless they remember to).
This semester has started and we are almost done with 1 week already. They are easing us into it, however, and we only have 1 class that meets sporadically. We start rotations next week, but I am lucky to have a volunteer opportunity first, which means that I get to play card games with the developmentally disabled and elderly for 1 month. Pretty great, so far. While my classmates and I like to moan that we weren't ready to come back, the reality is that this easy start means that we can get some material out of the way without being stressed out immediately. I really appreciate that!
The course that we are taking right now is neuroscience and the lecturer today ended the class time with a clip from Pink and the Brain, which I really encourage all to partake in. :)
**EDIT** Whoops, I meant to post this link! Enjoy it, Lindy - Pinky and the Brain are the best!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snO68aJTOpM
1 comment:
You should have posted the clip as I am so in the dark about Pinky and the Brain :) Glad to hear it's easy going right now!
Post a Comment