One more exam tomorrow for a class that is also our first exam in there. Yep, our final is also our first. I'm studying on that right now...or I will be soon. Then our class is having a picnic in the park as a celebration as the end of the semester. More accurately, a celebration that we SURVIVED the semester! On Wednesday, I'm going to finally fit in those doctors appointments I've needed as well as a much needed haircut. Then, Thursday, camping!!!!
Finally done with two years of school in the classroom, I'm out and about around Denver, Baltimore, rural Colorado, and the UK. I've been meaning to blog about good and bad clinic days, memorable days with friends and family, and whatever pops into this little head of mine, but also want to make this an outlet for me to remember this year and how far I've come.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Two Down, One to Go!
My finals week began today and I'm 2/3 of the way done! I had my last anatomy practical and written exam this morning, my Physical Diagnosis practical this afternoon. As far as how I feel about them, anatomy is so-so. I know I passed, so that's something! At this point, I just want to pass. It may sound pathetic and underachieving, but believe me, passing is great. With Physical Diagnosis, this afternoon was my practical final. This means that I went in on a standardized patient and performed an Ear, Nose and Throat exam as well as a Cardiac exam. I also did vitals, but anyone can do that! It was pretty easy and I think I rocked it. Oh, and had an almost brush with a sibling of someone famous. One of the standardized patients was the brother of Tony Shaloub, better known as Monk! I was not able to meet him, though. My friend who performed her practical on him said he looked exactly like Monk. Apparently he's kind of touchy about it and we were told not to say anything to him. You know, big brother's a big TV star and you are a standardized patient for physician assistant students. Ouch. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awesome! It is done!
So excited for you!
Post a Comment